Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Aftermath of Practicum

Salam muhibbah.

Today is the second day of the second week of my study at U.K.M.It feels great to be back. But, I felt a bit sad because most of my 3rd year friends were already at home, probably working or watching La Lola. Felt sooo lonely without them.

Anyway, I have to continue my study. One year left. What would happen? Am I going to change? Have a boyfriend??? Getting married??? Urgh.No. I should focus on my study. Struggle with what I have left. Improve my exam result.

Practicum. So what have I learned?

1. Classroom management.
You know, I had to handle 2 classes; Form 1 beginners and Form 2 mix learners. The form 1 class was the most difficult class to handle. I had to spend 10 minutes first just to make sure they do not wonder around the school ( which they loved most :I ), get them to take out their books, reorganize their seats if they were too loud ( bising dan tak boleh duduk satu bangsa saje ). When teaching, I had to make sure my teaching attracted their attentions in every way or else..they will complain ( boring la cegu, bising la cegu, nak pegi tandas la cegu). Haih~. I dont have these problems with Form 2. They were obedient and nice to me.

2. Teaching
It seems like I had to study a lot of teaching techniques. Most of my teaching method did not deliver the content properly. I am starting to lost a little confidence in myself. And, i think, my teaching might be traditional and not suitable for beginners like Form 1.

3.Time-management.
It's about taking care of yourself. I found that I lacked a lot of things especially in managing my own time, doing task right on time, be at school right on time and others related to time. I observed my Science friends and I think I need to improve more on this aspect.





Despite all the improvement that I need to do, I found some silver linings within the cloud of weaknesses.

1. New friends.
I think I had mention this in my previous post.

2. New Confidence.
I think I could talk to people that I dont know more openly. In English.

3. In love with fashion and cosmetics.
Somehow, I found myself too occupied to cosmetics and fashion magazines and all the women stuff.

4. More into K-pop.
Suddenly, Suju and SNSD songs became my favourites to play again and again.




I will miss them a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment